We're prototyping a doughnut economics game. Anyone else working on a game?

Hi all,
With a group of people in The Netherlands we’re having meetings about how to make Doughnut-thinking applicable for organisations.

Part of what we do is prototyping a ‘doughnut game’ for organisations. The game enables players to get insights and learn from examples (video, quiz), assess their organisation’s footprint and contributions, set priorities and start ideating with ‘chance cards’ that are broadly based on the clues/suggestions for systemic change at the end of each chapter of Doughnut Economics.

Is anyone else working on a doughnut economics game? We would gladly share experiences and learnings.
Want to have a look at / test the game? Let me know!

Best,
Stefan

Hi !

I would like to participate in this topic.

Thanks

I’d be interested in knowing more about the game.
Ian

Hi

I would like to have more information.
Would you be interested in making a Portuguese version?

thanks
Julio

Hi Stefan! I am! I designed a game exactly about world economy/politics in relation to the environment, the name is 2050 and it was originally designed as a board game (prototyped and tested) failed a first kickstarter campaign and i am now looking to work with different organizations to make it digital. There is a version of the board game on a digital platform but ideally it should go full on digital. Anyways, would love to connect. Today i saw Kate’s TED Talk for the first time and first time approaching this group. Amazing there is a discussion for games here already!

Hi Stefan!
Thank you for your message. I would be really interested in knowing more about your doughnut game for organisations. I think if companies/institutions start using this approach it could be a huge step towards the goal of being inside the doughnut. Please could you keep me updated?
Thank you very much.
Best,
Laura

Yes, Stefan. I am a 78 year old farmer working on my thesis for 28 years and believe that I am ready to publish but I am waiting for a diagram from my daughter to include in a book the title of which is “Grandma Is Always Right.” It is the natural across generation transferal of the substance I write about.

I have over 120 hrs of self-directed college credits collected in the past as a foundation for the material perspective. However, it was a violent accident that reset my thinking because it showed me that materialism has no answers for the consequential question of a person who has become an intellectual zero. The question? What is important?

The answer is… The Value Perspective or as it came to me, “I am value.” What this suggests is that everything in existence is made of value, not matter. As a farmer, who in his early years sought to discover how the universe worked in higher studies, I did discover and understand how the physical universe worked but this education yielded not one clue as to why we put one foot in front of the other.

Our problem is we are not material things. Our minds can explore any idea including matter has no reason for doing anything and yet we go around rationalizing everything in material ways of thinking, that is, we champion reason. We consider our existence to be material in nature which is the across the board blanket assumption even in religions. This is a monumental human race destroying mistake.

If we are made of value, immediately we are capable of determining our principles of existence where in a material reality no principles can be seen. Why? Because materialism has no focus for principles to support. That’s right, materially speaking, we have no focus and, consequently, no principles, hence, the absolutely stupid world of today where anything goes despite intuited righteousness in all of us. Intuited only because materialism is the assumed and controlling but incorrect perspective.

We are being socially engineered today by those whose thinking leads us to the inevitable communist type or “Power makes Right” evolutionary consequence of material thought. The only opposing thoughts are Freedom, Justice, and Equality, and crony capitalism or capitalistic monopoly. None of these, as with continued growth, are realistic. All contain contradictions to our existence.

What is it we seek? It is the application of our Principles of Existence none of which can be identified from a material perspective. Yes, we finally have a genuine choice about how we intend to exist and I suspect Kate Raworth is answering the question I am unqualified to answer which is, how do we make economics genuinely work for us? Jerry Hewes

Hi,

I’m currently working on a related game. It’s a game where you simulate an economy and can switch monetary systems. The goal is to make people aware of the impact of the design of money on the economy and people’s behaviour. In the game you also have to stay within certain boundaries.

If you’re looking for test players, I’m game :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Stef